How we’ve helped Belle
Belle is 81 and has been diagnosed with osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, bilateral knee joint replacements and urinary tract infections (UTIs).
Her GP wasn’t aware she had recently fallen several times, fractured her wrist and had frequent UTIs. Because she never told her GP about the UTIs, the symptoms got so bad, she needed to go to hospital.
Belle became a CarePoint participant. All of her risks were identified during Belle’s home visit with her care coordinator and were reported to her GP by her CarePoint care coordinator.
- Initial assessment with a care coordinator
- Fast-tracked home assessment with an occupational therapist
- Support to reduce falls including:
- a referral for council-funded personal care support, with advice to help conserve energy and minimise the risk of fall due to fatigue
- a walking frame to support mobility
- equipment to improve safety while getting in and out of bed.